I last taught CMSC 420 in Spring of 2001. The lecture notes and homeworks from
that semester have each been compiled into two large pdf files, which
can be accessed below.
I have intentionally not included solutions as part of the homeworks and
exams, but they are available on request (email@example.com) to instructors from
other universities. If you are a student, and are interested in
receiving a copy, have an instructor at your institution contact me about
getting a copy of the solutions.
Data Structure Resources
- Dictionary of
Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems:
- Lots of information about algorithms and data structures by
Paul E. Black and links
to code in C, C++, and Java for many.
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java (4th Edition):
- A textbook by
Michael Goodrich and
Roberto Tamassia. It contains Java source code for a number
of data structures, which may be downloaded.
Mark Weiss's Home Page:
- Contains information about our text book.
Java Instructional Resources
Sun's Java Tutorials:
- A general tutorial to Java. In particular, follow the links to
Java Goodies for Webmasters:
- Many links to useful Java sites, with a focus on applets.
Java Language Specification (2nd Edition):
- A much more detailed look at the language.
Java API Specification (1.5.0):
- Contains documentation on Java's libraries and
utilities. Check out java.io, java.lang and java.util in
Java for C++ Programmers
Java for C++ Programmers:
- A tutorial on Java for C++ programmers (modified from page of
Marvin Solomon's at the University of Wisconsin). It is brief (which
is nice) and gives some good examples.
Erich Kaltofen's Java to C++ Cheat Sheet:
- A concise list of corresponding elements between the two
Back to Dave Mount's home
Links updated on July 8, 2009 (from the original web page of 2003).