CMSC 631, Fall 2003
Program Analysis and Understanding
Here are books you may be interested in if you want to go into much
more depth on some of the class material. None of these is required
for the class.
- Aho, Sethi, Ullman, Compilers: Principles, Techniques,
- Appel, Compiling
- Barendregt, Lambda Calculi with Types (web download).
- Clarke, Grumberg, and Peled, Model
- Gries, The
Science of Programming.
- Hankin, Lambda Calculi: A Guide for Computer Scientists. (Out of print, but available at the library.)
- Huth and Ryan, Logic in Computer Science: Modelling and
Reasoning about Systems (Note: new version coming our real soon now)
- Mitchell, Foundations
for Programming Languages.
- Muchnick, Advanced
Compiler Design and Implementation.
- Nielson and Nielson, Semantics
with Applications: A Formal Introduction (web download).
- Nielson, Nielson, and Hankin, Principles of Program
- Pierce, Types
and Programming Languages.
- Winskel, The Formal Semantics of Programming Languages. (Out of
print, but available at the library.)