CMSC132 Final, Fall 2006
Friday, Dec 15, 2006
Time/Location: 4pm-6pm, CSI 1115
NOTE: All sections of CMSC132 (honors and non-honors) will
take the exam in CSI 1115. Originally CMSC132H was scheduled to take the
final in CSI 2120.
- The exam will have a duration of 120 minutes.
- The exam will be closed book/closed notebooks. No calculators are
allowed. (We recommend using a pencil and eraser, rather than a
- Short answer questions: This includes
multiple choice, True/False, and fill-in-the-blank type
- Short essay questions: This includes
questions requiring 1 or 2 sentence answers.
- Problem solving questions: This includes
questions requiring you drawing figures such as tables of values, trees, graphs, etc.
- Code analysis questions: Given a short segment of code,
you may be asked to identify syntax and logical errors, generate
code output, etc.
- Code Writing: Write a program/code snippets to solve a
few given problems. (You should be prepared to give a complete
program, including full class heading, import, package statement,
and main methods, but we may also ask you to provide just a single
method or a code fragment.)
The exam will include all the material covered in discussion session (lab),
lecture, quizzes, and homeworks from the entire semester, including the following topics :
- All topics from Midterm #1 & #2
- Graphs and graph algorithms
- Regular expressions & automata
- Multithreading & synchronization in Java
- Networking & networking support in Java
- Graphic User Interfaces (GUIs) & MVC model
- Sorting algorithms
- Algorithm strategies
- Design patterns
- Inner classes & exceptions
- Effective Java
- Advanced trees (132H only)
The exam will NOT
include the following topics:
You are not responsible for material from Koffman/Wolfgang that has not been
discussed in lecture and or lab, but it is a good idea to review this material
and the exercises in the back of each chapter, since this will provide you with
a more complete understanding of the material.