- 20 December, 2006: Open Source Project grades posted on the grade server.
Please check the comments for Part 2. If you feel you were graded unfairly or
mistakenly, you have until Friday evening to e-mail John a regrade request.
- 30 November, 2006: Posted p3
- 16 November, 2006: lib/checkSync.jar added to your p2 projects
- 11, November, 2006: We aren't using the submit server for the open source project.
Just commit your changes to the CVS repository.
- 24, October 2006: The midterm is Thursday, October 26 in class.
You may bring one 8.5" x 11" sheet of notes, typed or handwritten
on both sides.
- 23, October 2006: Added web page with details for exams and links to previous exams.
- 15, October, 2006: The project using Junit 4.1, so you'll need Eclipse 3.2, not Eclipse 3.1, to run the project.
Also, if you haven't installed the Course Project Manager yet, you can do so from
- 15, October, 2006: More information on Marmoset
- 14, October, 2006: P1 Pairs created, release testing enabled, deadline pushed back 24 hours.
- 12, October, 2006: Posted design pattern slides,
and link to Decorator chapter from Head First Design Patterns
Unit testing lecture slides and example code available.
- 10, October, 2006: Unit testing lecture slides and example code available.
- 7, October, 2006: Project 1 posted to linuxlab cvs repository
- 7 October, 2006: Linuxlab accounts available from grades.cs.umd.edu. Use /afs/csic.umd.edu/users/pugh/cs433/cs433XXX as your repository on linuxlab.csic.umd.edu (replace cs433XXX with your linuxlab account).
- 7 October, 2006: Project 1 documentation posted.
- 3 October, 2006: Bridge and Adapter slide deck is here.
- 3 October, 2006: Please read up on the Observer design
pattern. You can read something from the book and/or
this Wikipedia entry
- 28 September, 2006: Abstract Factory slide deck is here.
- 26 September, 2006: Assignment 2 was handed out in class. It is due
October 3rd. If you didn't get it, you can pick up a copy outside my door.
- 25 September, 2006: Slide Deck 2 about UML is here. Here it is as a zip file.
- 12 September, 2006: Assignment 1 is up. See here.
- 12 September, 2006: Slide Deck 1 about design, information hiding,
and the Law of Demeter is here.
- 31 August, 2006: Intro slides are here.