Please fill out online
course evaluations for this and your other courses (available Dec 2-14)
- Dec 22. Final course grades have been submitted to the
university, and should be available on Testudo.
- Dec 17. Final exam scores are available on the grade
server, and a histogram is also
available. If you would like to review your final, send the professor
and email to make arrangements. (Project 6 is not completely graded yet...)
- Dec 10. Added a few notes to the top of the Project 6 description; be sure to take a look.
- Dec 3. Project 5 has been extended 24 hours. It is now
due on Thursday, with the late deadline on Friday. The project 6
deadline is still the same.
- Dec 3. To help you with project 6, discussion section on
Wednesday, December 10 will be open office hours. David and Brandon
will be in their usual discussion section rooms at the usual times,
and you can go there for help with project 6 or with questions about the
- Dec 2. Project 6 is available.
- Nov 20. Midterm 2 grades are available on the grade
server. Mean = 69.96, stddev = 14.52. Sample
solutions and a histogram are also available.
- Nov 19. Project 5 is available.
- Nov 18. Lecture and discussion section on Wednesday,
November 26 are cancelled.
- Nov 15. Just a reminder that midterm 2 will be on
Wednesday, November 19. We'll have the exam for both sections in
3117 CSIC, just like last time.
- Nov 2. There was a typo on homework 2. For problem 4, it
should have been I = λx.x, and K = λx.λy.x. We
just updated the homework pdf file to fix this.
- Nov 1. Project 4 is available. The
amount of code required for project 4 is not that large, but the
writeup will take a while to read. Please be sure to take a first
pass over it by section on Wednesday; the TAs will discuss the project
- Oct 28. I tentatively announced that the next midterm
would be Nov 12. I would like to change midterm 2 to be on
November 19. Please let me know right away if that date
presents any problem.
- Oct 28. Homework 2 is available.
Your solutions are due in discussion section on November 5.
- Oct 20. Jeff's office hours (12:30-2) on Tuesday, Oct 21
will be covered by Joao in 1112 AVW.
- Oct 15. Project 3 is now available.
- Oct 9. Here are some statistics
for midterm 1. These are subject to change because of regrades etc.
- Oct 8. Midterm 1 scores are available on the grade
server. Sample solutions are linked from the
schedule web page. You can pick up your exam from me Thursday or
Friday, or I will return them in class on Monday.
- Oct 8. Homework 1 is available. Your
solutions are due in discussion section on October 15.
- Oct 6. Just a reminder that the exam will be
this Wednesday in your discussion section.
- Sep 30. Sample exams from previous semesters, as well as
practice problems on context-free grammars and regular expressions,
are now available on the schedule web page.
- Sep 24. The project 1 solution code (with all its bugs) I
showed in class today is available in the public/ directory on grace.
- Sep 23. Project 2 is now
available. This project is due on a Friday; please let me know right
away if you have a conflict with that date.
- Sep 10. Project 1 is now
available. You can also find links to projects at the bottom of the
schedule web page.
- Sep 8. There will be no class on Monday, September 15.
Instead, you are encouraged (but not required) to come to the department
colloquium that day.
- Sep 8. Jeff's office hours on Tuesday, September 9 are
- Sep 7. All students registered for the course as of today
should now have access to the grade and submit servers (although
there's nothing interesting there yet). If you register for 330 after
today, please email me so I can add your account.
- Aug 26. Important scheduling change: Discussion sections
will be held on Wednesdays only. There will be no discussion
sections on Mondays.
- Aug 22. There will be no discussion sections on
September 3. We will have lecture that day, of course.
|Midterm 1||October 8 (in section)
|Midterm 2||November 19 (in section)
|Final Exam||Monday, December 15, 4-6pm, PHY
(Physics building) 1412
(or by appointment)
|Prof. Jeff Foster
||jfoster at cs
||M 12pm-1:30, Tu 12:30pm-2pm
||davidan at cs
||hcho5 at cs
||M 10am-12pm, TuTh 10am-11am
||joao at cs
||Tu 2pm-4pm, F 10am-12pm
||bswilson at cs
|Office hours chart
|Extra office hours for the final
|Monday, December 15, 10am-11 - Joao, 1112 AVW
|Monday, December 15, 11am-12pm - Brandon, 1112 AVW
|Monday, December 15, 12pm-1:30 - Jeff, 4129 AVW
|Monday, December 15, 1:30pm-2:30 - Hyoungtae, 1112 AVW
|Monday, December 15, 2:30pm-3:30 - David, 1112 AVW
||As posted, plus available by appointment
||There are no required or recommended texts. See the resources page for useful on-line
||OIT Grace UNIX
Cluster. Class files, including project code, will be placed
in the directory |