- Date: Thursday, Oct 17
- Time/Location: Your exam will take place in lecture.
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Closed-book, Closed-notebooks, No Computers/Calculators.
- Use a pencil/mechanical pencil (no pen) to answer the exam.
- Please take a look at the general exam rules available at
- Short answer questions: This includes for example, multiple
choice, True/False and fill-in-the-blank type questions.
- Code analysis questions: We will give a short segment of code and
you may be asked to identify syntax and logical errors, generate code
- Code Writing: Write a program/code snippets to solve a given
problem. You should be prepared to give a complete program, but we may also
ask you to provide just a single function or a code fragment.
The exam will include all the material covered in discussion session (lab),
lecture, quizzes, and projects (#1 and #2) including the following topics:
- Virtual address space organization
- Unix - You must be familiar with the following commands
- C Language
- Preprocessor directives (e.g., #include, #define, #ifdef)
- Bitwise operators
- Conditional statements
- Strings - You are responsible for the following string functions
- Reading/writing data from/to files
- stdin, stderr, stdout
- Command line arguments
- Memory maps
The exam will NOT cover the following topics:
- Emacs, debugger, make utility (makefiles), dynamic memory allocation
Practice material can be found in the grace system under 216public/exams/exam1.