Here are books you may be interested in if you want to go into much
more depth on some of the class material, and in many cases beyond
it. None of these is required for the class. The books with
boldfaced titles are particularly good.
- Aho, Lam, Sethi, Ullman, Compilers:
and Tools (ALSU)
- Appel, Compiling
- Barendregt, Lambda Calculi
with Types (web download)
- Clarke, Grumberg, and Peled, Model
- Gries, The
Science of Programming
- Hankin, Lambda Calculi: A Guide for Computer Scientists.
- Huth and Ryan, Logic in
Computer Science: Modelling and Reasoning about Systems
- Mitchell, Foundations
for Programming Languages.
- Muchnick, Advanced
Compiler Design and Implementation.
- Nielson and Nielson, Semantics
with Applications: A Formal Introduction (web download)
- Nielson, Nielson, and Hankin, Principles of Program
- Pierce, Types
and Programming Languages (TAPL)
- Winskel, The
Formal Semantics of Programming Languages