Setting Up Your CVS Repository Account (CMSC132)
- Read the information available at
- Your CVS repository account will be in the grace.umd.edu cluster.
- Use the following information to set up your cvs account:
Repository Path (to use in Eclipse's "Add CVS Repository" dialog
where YOUR_DIRECTORY_ID_HERE represents your Directory Id (NOT your student
Remember YOUR_DIRECTORY_ID_HERE is the same Directory Id you provide to access the
you will use 0401 (regardless of the actual section you are registered in).
User: Your Directory Id
Password: Password associated with your Directory Id
Connection Type: extssh
"Use default port" unchanged.
Leave "Validate connection on finish" selected.
The secure storage can be used if desired; it is information solely
stored in each Eclipse installation and independent of the CVS
repository connections or connections that Eclipse has.
After selecting finish, you may get a warning about "authenticity of host can't be established";
Just ignore that message (select Yes).
If you are having problems connecting to the repository:
- Make sure you have used your Directory Id at the end of the repository path.
- Select the "Save Password" option while setting the CVS repository.
- You must use "extssh" as the connection type.
Can Checkout Project but No Submit Project Button Is Missing
There are two possible reasons for this problem:
- The "Course Project Management" has been disabled. In the project properties
make sure "Course Project Management" has been enabled.
- You are missing the Course Management plugin. See Eclipse Installation for additional information.