To launch Eclipse on Your PC
- Double-click the "eclipse.exe" file you installed
OR the shortcut you may have created.
To launch Eclipse on Your Mac
To Launch Eclipse on WAM/GLUE
Systems at School
- Double-click on the "Eclipse.app" file you installed OR the shortcut you
may have created.
For information on how to use Eclipse on WAM/GLUE
systems visit the web site:
Keep in mind that your WAM account will not provide access to a GLUE machine.
To access a glue machine you need an glue account. As a UMCP student you are
entitled to such account for free. The following site can provide more
information regarding glue accounts:
After Launching Eclipse
- After being launched Eclipse will ask you to specify the workspace to
use. The workspace is a folder used by eclipse to keep all your
work. Specify an already existing folder or accept the default provided
by Eclipse. (If you are launching eclipse from a Solaris machine just
accept the default.) The following is an example of the message you will
see from Eclipse regarding the workspace:
- Press ok to continue.
- After pressing ok you will see the following window:
- After pressing the curved arrowed you will see the following window: