Clarifications (Project #8)
- Judges can invite contestants that are not present in the
- The server will return REQUEST FAILED if a person is not found during a
look up operation.
- The server will return REQUEST FAILED if a new round is started without
- If there is vote for a contestant that is not part of the current round,
then the server will
return REQUEST FAILED followed by the contestant's name.
- If there is an invite request for a contestant already invited, then the
server will return
REQUEST FAILED followed by the name of the contestant.
- Public/Release Test Update
One of the public test and release tests have been updated. This has to do
with an error in the
format for URLs dealing with images. Just download the following zip file
TestsUpdateFiles.zip and copy the files
to your project.
The submit server has already been updated.
- There is no specific port assigned to the contest server. You should use 0 as the port number for the Server's ServerSocket, which will tell it to find and use the first free port number (E.g., X). You must then use X as the port number when setting up your Client Socket(s).
- A reminder that your multithreaded code must use synchronization to avoid data races, if they exist.