Guidelines for CMSC 740 Assignment Submission
Instructions for Assignment Submission
The submitted file for each assignment should be a single
file with format of *.tar or *.gz or *.zip.
The archive file should one directory with all the assignment
It should also contain a README file that contains the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Student ID (UMD ID)
- Your working platform
- All the file names after they have been extracted from the archive.
- The way to build the executable file(s) (include the Makefile with information about compiler etc).
- Information about running the program: command line options, mouse functions, etc if they have not been specified in the assignment handout
- What parts of the assignment you have successfully completed.
Uploading your file
- In your browser, go to
- Fill out your name and email information, for the "Filename to
remote server field", type the filename with the following
<assignment #>_<last-4-digit-UID #>_<_version #>.<file-type>
For example, if a student with UID 123-45-6789 submits
assignment 1 for the first time, and the file on his/her local
machine is proj1.tar, the uploading file name on the remote server
should be 1_6789_1.tar. His/her file name for the next version of the same
submission (if necessary), will be 1_6789_2.tar
- assignment #: which assignment you are submitting, beginning from 1;
- last-4-digit-UID #: Your last four digits of your university ID;
- file_type: tar or tar.gz or zip
- version #: 1-9, for multiple submissions, only the last (with
highest version #) submission will be graded;
- Click the submit button