Lectures & Discussions
- Project 1
- Jan 28
You must submit your projects electronically using the submit server. You will log in
to the submit server using your University Directory ID. Once you log in,
click on the submit link for the project you wish to submit, and
follow the directions. Alternately, we will supply you with a
command-line tool for submitting each project.
- Feb 6 Project 1 assigned here,
overview slides pdf.
- Feb 13 Project 1
sample.log file updated
to remove carriage return (CR) and line feed (LF).
- Project 2
- Mar 5 Preliminary Project 2 description,
has been posted
- Mar 5 Project 2 testing has been activated
on the submit server. There are 8 public tests and 11 release tests.
Submit server ignores all output lines beginning with %.
Project 2 deadline is midnight Tuesday, March 25th.
- Mar 10 Project 2 description,
has been updated
- Mar 26 Students can make a very late Project 2 submission until Thursday, March 27 11:59pm with a 20% penalty.
- Project 3
- Mar 26 Project 3 assigned.
- Apr 1 Added examples
of how I/O may be used for part 3.
- Apr 2 1-day extension for Project 3, deadline is now 11:59pm Saturday
, April 5th, 2008.
- Project 4
- Apr 16 Project 4 assigned.
- Apr 27 .submit file updated to fix error.
- Apr 28 1-day extension to project 4 deadline.
- Project 5 (Extra Credit Project 1)
- Midterm 1
- Feb 18 Midterm 1 will take place Monday, March 3rd during discussion.
- Feb 26
for midterm 1 are now available. Practice problems
will not be graded. Partial solutions will
be provided later.
- Feb 27 Midterm 1 will consist of all material
covered from lecture 1 (Introduction) to lecture 6 (Finite Automata 2).
- Mar 1
for Midterm 1 practice problems are now available.
Two midterms from previous semesters
are also available
- Midterm 2
- Final Exam
- May 13 Final Exam will be held Thu 5/15, 4-6pm, in CSIC 1115. 40% of exam will be on material covered in midterm 1 & 2. 60% of exam will be on remaining material in course (homework 1, operational semantics, history of programming languages).
- May 13 A final exam review session will be held Wed 5/14 from 3-4pm in CSIC 3120.