CMSC 417: Networks
||nspring at cs|
||4133 A. V. Williams|
||TBA (send email to make an appointment)|
||Tuesday and Thursday, 3:30-4:45|
|| TBA in Linuxlab (CSIC 3107) |
Wednesday, May 21. 10:30 AM.
NOTE: partial nat check
log is what my tracker sees. If you're next to a 503,
it means the tracker couldn't connect back to you to confirm
that you're alive and accessible. perhaps you're behind a
firewall. anyone running without an id of length 20 is
on nauseated torrent. If running on nauseated, you
might (should) be able to talk to this tracker also running
on nauseated, even if you can't get listed in any other
tracker due to firewall issues. This torrent points to the
nauseated:11417 tracker. I have my (potentially bad)
uploader running on this seed as well.
Finally, I've "updated" the scriptroute tracker to a different implementation
that complains about keys... It doesn't seem to matter.
Date and time posted after they announce it. Purchase no tickets.
- Midterm Review sheet.
- Review sheet from a prior semester. It could be useful to you early.
If for some reason I decide to tempt RSI and type a lecture, I'll put them here.
- lecture 2: some socket stuff for PA1.
- lecture 2 and 3: finishing socket stuff for PA1.
- lecture 2, 3, and 4: bit encodings, framing, checksum.
- lecture 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6: ARQ, MSL, sequence numbers.
- lecture 2-8: (7) PA 1 errors review, PA 2 basics. (8) Sliding Windows.
- lecture 2-9: Flow control, silly windows.
- lecture 2-10: TCP states, Nagle, header.
- lecture 2-11: PA3, RTT and RTO estimation.
- lecture 2-12: PA3/Ruby, TCP calls, ARP, Proxy ARP.
- lecture 2-13: Addressing review, Hubs and Bridges, Spanning trees.
- lecture 2-14: Routing, Distance Vector, Split Horizon.
- lecture 2-16: OSPF, BitTorrent, BGP.
- lecture 2-18: BitTorrent, BGP, Sharing, CSMA/CD.
- lecture 2-19: More BitTorrent hints, basic wireless, RTS/CTS.
- lecture 2-22: TCP, congestion control, bittorrent hints
- lecture 2-25: Security topics
- lecture 2-27: DNS, Vegas, ECN, RED
- all lectures: review outline at the end.
- 1, Due Feb 7.
- 2, Due Feb 21.
- 3, Due Feb 28.
- 4, Due May 13.
- Style suggestions; following these will make it easier for me (and you!) to understand the code you submit, if you find it difficult to complete an assignment.
Students have noticed trouble with some machines; success
on "nauseated" at least. Please send me the hostnames that
you see to fail and which succeed if you've gotten most of
the assignment done and can tell the difference.
- Programming Assignment Zero pdf, template (updated 1/30, 9pm)
- Programming Assignment One pdf, template
- Programming Assignment Two pdf, template
- Programming Assignment Three pdf, template
- Project Bittorrent Part One pdf.
- Project Bittorrent Part Two pdf.
- Project Bittorrent Part Three torrents. These are the bifurcated
torrents; azureus and transmission are providing the first
half, my tft client is providing the second. "A" torrents
are current, except that once they're used, I'll have to
wipe them from the clients. Test using the one with your