We will be using (Piazza) for class communication. Regarding Piazza:
- We will use Piazza to communicate in lecture and to provide class announcements.
- Posting of code is not allowed is Piazza. Anyone posting any kind of code may receive an XF in the course.. Please carefully read the Piazza Guidelines.
- In Piazza you can see the class announcements by selecting "Resources", "Course Information".
- When we post an announcement we will select the Piazza option that allows you to receive an immediate e-mail. The e-mail will have a subject line that starts with "[Instr Note]." If you are filtering piazza messages make sure that those messages are not placed in the junk folder.
- You are responsible for checking class announcements.
- The prefered mechanism to address course questions (projects, lecture material, etc.) is during office hours, in lab, and lecture.
- Students' questions can only be answered by CS staff (TAs and instructors). Although we will try to check Piazza often, there is no guarantee we will respond to messages immediately.
- You will not be able to register to Piazza yourself. Your instructor will register you using the e-mail you have in the school system.. If you would like to use a different e-mail address see your teaching TA in lab.
If you access the link provided for Piazza on the class web page
and it asks for an access code, try the following:
- Visit http://www.piazza.com
- Click "log in" on the top right
- Click "forgot password"
- Enter the e-mail address registered to piazza (e-mail address registered with the school).
- Access your e-mail account to receive a link that will bring you to the registration site.