CMSC 351 Algorithms, Summer 2012
This course presents an introduction to the techniques for designing efficient computer algorithms and analyzing their running times. General topics include asymptotics, solving summations and recurrences, algorithm design techniques, analysis of data structures, and introduction to NP-completeness.
- - Clyde Kruskal (kruskal AT cs), Office Hour: MWF 10:45am-12:00pm
- Teaching Assistant
- - Kan-Leung Cheng (klcheng AT cs), Office Hour: TuTh 11:00am-12:30pm @ AVW 1112
- Class Time/Location
- - Section 0101: MTuWThF 9:30am-10:55am @ CSI 2107
- Recommended Text
- - Thomas Cormen, Charles Leiserson, Ron Rivest, and Clifford Stein, Introduction to Algorithms, McGraw Hill and MIT Press. Any edition.
- Class page on Piazza (for announcements, postings and discussions)
- - http://piazza.com/class#summer2012/cmsc351