Prerequisites: CMSC 132 (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better or
permission of department.
Designing, building and programming small autonomous robots in both
static and dynamic environments. Students will learn the basics of robot
design and programming using Lego technics and the Handyboard. Note: This
course may only be taken pass/fail and does not count for upper
level CS elective credits (ALSO NOTE: the course is a 2 (TWO) credit
NOTE: non-majors or students who do not officially meet the pre-requisites
listed above may still be eligible to enroll in this course - if this is the
case and you are interested in taking this course email me
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain approval - please do this prior to signing
up for the course.
Registration for Winterterm courses began on November 1st and can be done via
Testudo (just like regular semester
courses) - no advising is necessary for
CMSC 298M. Due to the nature of this course (requiring special resources)
be limited to 15 students. For more
information regarding Winterterm courses, fees, etc. please refer to the
- (1/21/05) The details for your final "paper" are below under
the assignments section.
- (1/4/05) IMPORTANT - class will meet in 2107 CSI and NOT AVW.
- (11/18/04) NEW - students who want to buy their own robot
controller should consider the new Xport 2.0 controller:
Contact me for details.
- (11/18/04) Class webpage posted (and course listed on Testudo)
- (11/4/04) See the course syllabus (link above) for more
details (time, location, etc.).
- Web "research" assignment [Due Mon Jan 17th]
- BYO-bot assignment [Due Fri Jan 14th]
- Robotics Project [Due 1:30pm Mon Jan 24]
See the "Beyond Botball" page at
- Final Paper [Due 11:59pm Mon Jan 24]
Direct questions and comments to:
Wed Jan 5 12:23:01 EST 2005