Computing Is Everywhere!
The University of Maryland Computer Science Department is pleased to offer a summer day camp for girls.
- Based in the Department's AV Williams Building on the University of Maryland College Park campus, this is a 2 week summer day camp with continuing activities one Saturday morning each month through the school year.
- Activities geared toward those who are completing 6th grade.
- Learn about web development, programming, robots and more emphasizing how these connect both to other areas of study and to making the world a better place.
- Learn through hands-on activities using a variety of tools.
- Take field trips to learn more about computing - i.e. NSA's Crypto Museum.
- A safe, supportive environment where computing creativity can blossom supported by the proper tools and by people who believe that hands-on exploration leads to learning and more interest.
- Staffed by UMCP Computer Science faculty, graduate and undergraduate students.
- Made possible with the generosity of our sponsors.
- NOTE: Although the program is designed to be attractive and accessible to female students, it is also open to male students, whom are encouraged to apply.
- NOTE: Although the program is designed to be attractive and accessible to students who are just completing 6th grade, if there is space, we will consider students who are a year older or if they are a year younger and advanced in mathematics, they are also encouraged to apply.
- NOTE: Parents and students are responsible for arranging transportation to and from the University and for providing a bag lunch each day.
Cost, Dates & Times
$200. Scholarships are available.
8:30am - 5pm
July 8 - July 19
And One Saturday morning each month during the school year.
Applications due by:
May 20, 2013