New - PhotoMesa version 1.3 ! (December 3, 2001)The main changes in this version are:
- Now supports Java 2 version 1.4 which provides a significant performance increase.
- You can interrupt loading and thumb creation
- Popup menu available on right mouse click
- Selection operates like standard windows apps (shift extends selection)
- You can zoom in further than one to one magnification
- You can rename, delete and edit image files
- Three types of image preview
- Thumbnail file location controllable
In order to run PhotoMesa, you must have at least Java 2 installed on your machine.
We strongly recommend to use Java 2 version 1.4.
(available for free for Windows, Unix, and it is built into Mac OS X).
If you find any bugs in this version, please email us immediately at email@example.com.
Download PhotoMesa in one of two ways:
- Use Java WebStart to launch PhotoMesa directly. (Preferred)
Using WebStart has the advantage that no manual installation of PhotoMesa is required,
and WebStart will download any updates to PhotoMesa as they are available.
Note: Netscape 6.X users might need to register WebStart manually.=>
- Download and install PhotoMesa manually.
Download photomesa-1.3.zip which contains three files: photomesa-1.3.jar, photomesa-1.3-javav1.4.bat, and photomesa-1.3-java2v1.3.bat. On Windows, you can execute PhotoMesa directly by double-clicking photomesa-1.3-java2v1.X.bat according to your java virtual machine, or from any operating system, you can execute PhotoMesa by typing 'java -server -Xmx256M -jar photomesa-1.3.jar' (Java 2 version 1.4) at the command line. If you are using Java 2 version 1.3, please type 'java -Xmx256M -jar photomesa-1.3.jar' instead.
=> Download photomesa-1.3.zip
PhotoMesa version 1.2 (June 30, 2001)The main changes in this version are:
Download and install PhotoMesa manually.
- Full Screen mode lets you concentrate on images without windows clutter
- Feathered borders make it easier to see groups
- Better Bubble layout lets you see the groups more clearly
- New toolbar lets you pan or select multiple images for drag and drop
- Selection pane shows current selection and hi-res image
Download photomesa-1.2.zip which contains two files: photomesa-1.2.jar and photomesa-1.2.bat. On Windows, you can execute PhotoMesa directly by double-clicking photomesa-1.2.bat, or from any operating system, you can execute PhotoMesa by typing 'java -Xmx256M -jar photomesa-1.2.jar' at the command line.
=> Download photomesa-1.2.zip
For Netscape 6.X UsersNetscape 6.X users may need to register Java WebStart manually. Please follow this procedure. Ref.
- From your Netscape menu, select Edit -> Preference. You'll see the preference window.
- In the left pane (of the preference window), choose Navigator -> Helper Applications.
- On the right pane, click "New Type..."
- In the "New Type" window, fill the following information.
- Description of type: JNLP
- File extension: jnlp
- MIME type: application/x-java-jnlp-file
- Application to use: C:\Program Files\Java Web Start\javaws.exe (or your path to javaws.exe)
After setting this options, please visit http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/photomesa/download/photomesa.jnlp You'll get a popup window confirming your action. Please choose "Open using javaws.exe".Comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the PhotoMesa Home Page