Map a Directory
- This feature allows you to display a Treemap of all the files in a directory.
- Select "File" from the menu bar
and click on "Map Directory" from the file menu.
- Click on the directory that you wish to map, then click on the "Map Selected button".
- To map an entire hard drive, type the letter of the drive followed by
a ":\", for example "C:\" would map the entire C drive.
WARNING: We have mapped directories of more than 40,000 files, but
the limit is a function of the memory available, the memory allocated to java, the depth of the hierarchy etc. We have not focused on optimizing Treemap 4.0 for large trees.
- Coloring by attribute type:We selected some default colors for common file types, but you can change those
colors or add new ones, then save the settings.
- Save Settings: For the settings to be used with any directory you want to map, the settings have to
be saved as "directory_settings.tms", the default name proposed by the dialog box. Of course, you can also save the settings with another ".tms" file in which case it will save
the settings and the path of the directory you selected originally so they can be loaded directly together. This file must always be in the data folder. If not, directory mapping will not work.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Treemap main page