Other Features (Export, Print Treemap, and Print this Document)
Export selected nodes to a new data file
- Export enables users to export nodes that share common
To export a given set of nodes,
hold CTRL key and LEFT click on the desired sub-tree or directory.
The border of the selected directory will become blue.
To unselect a directory, hold CTRL key and
LEFT click on the desired directory.
Select "Export selected nodes" from the
File menu. To export the selected nodes in .tm3 format
make the name of the file end with ".tm3".
want to export it as an ".xml" file, make the name of the
file end with ".xml". It will ask you what name to give for
the special attribute that represents label. The default is
"name" and unless you already have an attribute name that is
"name", we don't recommend you choose another one.
We must caution
you that exporting as ".xml" is much
less efficient than exporting as ".tm3" and unless you have
a strong preference, you had better export it as ".tm3".
You need much more memory to export it as ".xml" and it
roughly takes twice as much time to export as ".xml" than
Open this file in Treemap and you will see
only the nodes of the directory that were exported.
If you experience difficulty exporting a selected directory, you first unselect
the previously selected directories and then proceed the exporting process again.
Print the Treemap
- To print the Treemap, select File from the menu bar and click on Print
- A page setup dialog box will appear. Make sure the settings are correct and click OK.
- Another dialog box will appear as shown below, showing the number of pages to be
printed as 1 to 9999. This is a Java bug and only one page will be printed. Click OK.
- The Treemap will resize to fit in the page setup. In the case
of the squarified or strip treemap nodes may move from their original position
because of resizing.
Print the Control Panel
To print the Control Panel, follow the steps from above, except select File from the menu bar and click
on Print Panel.
Pasting a snapshot of treemap in other applications
Remember that you can always use the standard ALT-PrintScrren command to copy the pixel image of the current
window (i.e. the treemap window) and then paste it into a word processor like MS-Word or a presenation tool like PowerPoint.
Print this Document
- There are two ways to print all the links from the Table of Contents page.
- First way: Go to the Table of Contents page. Then print each page separately, while clicking on "Next" on top of the page.
The "Next" link will take you to all the pages of the documentation and will be printed in order.
- Second way: This method has been checked for Microsoft Explorer. Firstly, go back to the Table of Contents. Then select
"File" from the menu bar, and then go to "Print".
Once the print option shows up, go to "Options", and click on "Print all linked documents". This will print all the linked pages
that are one level deep. Using this method of printing, avoids the trouble of going to each link in the Table of Contents, and
printing them individually. However, the printed links might not be in the same order as in the Table of Contents page.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Return to Treemap main page