Plaisant, C. (Editor) (June 1994)
1994 Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory Video Reports
HCIL-94-17, CS-TR-3531, CAR-TR-794.
80 minutes of video demonstrations from the past year's research.
- Introduction and table of contents - Ben Shneiderman, [3:18]
- Visual information seeking using the FilmFinder - Christopher Ahlberg, Ben Shneiderman, [6:12]
- Organization overviews and role management-Inspiration for future desktop environments - Catherine Plaisant, Ben Shneiderman, [9:39]
- Visual decision-making: using treemaps for the analytic hierarchy process - Toshiyuki Asahi, Ben Shneiderman, David Turo, [8:34]
- Visual information management for satellite network configuration - Catherine Plaisant, Harsha Kumar, Marko Teittinen, Ben Shneiderman, [8:49]
- Graphical macros: a technique for customizing any application using pixel-pattern matching-Richard Potter, [9:49]
- Education by engagement and construction: can distance learning be better than face to face?- Ben Shneiderman, [15:00]
- Dynamic queries demos: revised HomeFinder and text version plus health statistics atlas-Ben Shneiderman, [9:40]
- Dynamic Queries are user controlled displays of visual or textual information. Ben Shneiderman presents the HomeFinder (developed by Chris Williamson), followed by the text version (Vinit Jain) and the Health Statistics Atlas (Catherine Plaisant and Vinit Jain).
- CHI '94 slide and video show- [9:12]