- Commitment strategy (refinement strategy)- automatically decides next
- Compound task - a task which can be accomplished by a series of primitive
- Constraint - conditions associated with a task-network. There are three constraint types; variable constraints, ordering constraints and state constraints.
- Constraint posting - Constraints which can not be fully enforced at the time of enforcement will be posted in the promissory list.
- Constraint refinement - Same as constraint enforcement. Enforcing the constraint by making necessary changes in the task-network data structure.
- Constraint simplification - simplifying the constraint formula attached
to the current task-network by evaluating each constraint and replacing
already satisfied constraints with T and
- Critics (user critics) - User mechanism to guide and prune the search.
- Effect - a change in the state of the world as a result of executing
a primitive task. An effect is specified by a literal. A negative literal means deleting it from the state if exists.
- Expansion - task expansion. Decomposion of a non-primitive task using its methods.
- Goal - goal task-network.
- Initial state - the state before any execution of tasks. It is a list of atoms which hold true in the initial state.
- Method - a task-network describing how to achieve the non-primitive task.
- Dummy method - when a predicate is expanded, its first method used is this method of assuming the predicate is true without doing any specific operation.
- Operator - a primitive task.
- Postcondition - an effect of the primitive task.
- Precondition - a condition necessary to be satisfied to execute the primitive
- Predicate task - a task which is also a state predicate. It may be
accomplished without doing anything.
- Primitive task (operator) - a task (action) which can be executed. (see Dummy method)
- Refinement - a choice of works to be done to generate a valid plan.
- Task-network - a partially ordered tasks with constraints and data-structures attached to them.
- Primitive task-network - a task-network whose tasks are all predicate tasks.
Go back to Main Page