I am a fourth year Ph.D. student in Department of Computer Science at University of Maryland working under supervision of Mohammad T. HajiAghayi. I got my M.Sc. degree from University of Alberta working with Mohammad R. Salavatipour. I did my undergraduate studies in computer engineering at Amirkabir University of Technology.
I am mainly interested in theoretical aspects of computation in problems motivated from the real world applications. More precisely, I work on Algorithmic Game Theory, Approximation Algorithms, Hardness of Approximation, Randomized Algorithms, Online and Streaming Algorithms, and Network Design.
- Gagan Goel, Mohammad Reza Khani, and Renato Paes Leme. Core-competitive Auctions, to be submitted to EC'15.
- Yoram Bachrach, Sofia Ceppi, Ian A. Kash, Peter Key, and Mohammad Reza Khani. Mechanism Design for Mixed Participants, to be submitted to EC'15.
- Gagan Goel, Mohammad T. Hajiaghayi, and Mohammad Reza Khani. Randomized Revenue Monotone Mechanisms for Online Advertising, Conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE) 2014.
- Mohammad T. Hajiaghayi, Theodore Johnson, Mohammad Reza Khani, and Barna Saha. Hierarchical Graph Partitioning, Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA) 2014.
- Hossein Esfandiari, Mohammad T. Hajiaghayi, Mohammad Reza Khani, Vahid Liaghat, Hamid Mahini, and Harald Racke. Stochastic Online Buffer Scheduling, International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP) 2014.
- Gagan Goel and M. Reza Khani. Revenue Monotone Mechanisms for Online Advertising, World Wide Web Conference (WWW) 2014. PDF
- Mohammad T. Hajiaghayi, Rohit Khandekar, Mohammad Reza Khani, and Guy Kortsarz. Approximation Algorithms for Movement Repairmen APPROX 2013. full version
- Mohammad Reza Khani and Mohammad R. Salavatipour. Improved Approximation Algorithms for the Min-max Tree Cover and Bounded Tree Cover Problems. APPROX 2011. full version
- Mohammad Reza Khani and Mohammad R. Salavatipour. Improved approximations for buy-at-bulk and shallow-light k-steiner trees and (k, 2)-subgraph, International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC) 2011. full version
- M. Reza Khani. Improved approximation algorithms for Min-Max Tree Cover, Bounded Tree Cover, Shallow-Light and Buy-at-Bulk k-Steiner Tree, and (k, 2)-Subgraph, M.Sc. thesis, University of Alberta, 2011. PDF