I am a third year Ph.D. student in Deparment of Computer Science at University of Maryland working under spervision of Mohammad T. HajiAghayi. I got my M.Sc. degree from University of Alberta working with Mohammad R. Salavatipour. I did my undergraduate studies in computer engineering at Amirkabir University of Technology.
I am mainly intrested in theoretical aspects of computation in problems which have their motivation coming from the real world applications. More precisely, I work on Approximation Algoritms, Hardness of Approximation, Randomized Algorithms, Online and Streaming Algorithms, Network Design, and Game Theory.
- Gagan Goel and M. Reza Khani. Revenue Monotone Mechanisms for Online Advertising, To Appear in World Wide Web Conference (WWW) 2014. PDF
- Mohammad T. Hajiaghayi, Rohit Khandekar, M. Reza Khani, and Guy Kortsarz. Approximation Algorithms for Movement Repairmen APPROX 2013. full version
- M. Reza Khani and Mohammad R. Salavatipour. Improved Approximation Algorithms for the Min-max Tree Cover and Bounded Tree Cover Problems. APPROX 2011. full version
- M. Reza Khani and Mohammad R. Salavatipour. Improved approximations for buy-at-bulk and shallow-light k-steiner trees and (k, 2)-subgraph, International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC) 2011. full version
- M. Reza Khani. Improved approximation algorithms for Min-Max Tree Cover, Bounded Tree Cover, Shallow-Light and Buy-at-Bulk k-Steiner Tree, and (k, 2)-Subgraph, M.Sc. thesis, University of Alberta, 2011. PDF