This is the section designed to test your basic knowledge about the RISC architecture. No questions are asked in paricular regarding to the SH-4 RISC microprocessor, but some answers can be found there. All answers can be found in the webpage.
1) What is RISC? (What it stands for and what is it?)
2) Explain briefly the advantages of the RISC machines.
3) What might be the problem/disadvantages of the RISC machines?
4) True or False, the RISC machine uses the sequential execution.
5) Explain the main reasoning of having stalls in pipeline architecture. Is it desireable to have stalls?
See the answer.
Return to the Main Page