- I defended my dissertation (Practical Dynamic Software Updating) and graduated in Summer 2008.
I am co-organizing the First Workshop on Hot Topics in Software Upgrades (HotSWUp'08) at OOPSLA.
We've got some exciting submissions; join us on Oct 20, 2008 in Nashville, TN.
ResearchMy advisor is Prof. Michael Hicks, and I am a member of the Programming Languages group. My research interests span the areas of programming languages, operating systems, and software engineering. My current research focuses on Dynamic Software Updating (DSU). I am the principal developer of Ginseng, a DSU implementation for C. I have also worked on:
- Backdoor Architecture (with a group led by Prof. Liviu Iftode at Rutgers University).
- Understanding Software Evolution
TeachingI was a TA for CMSC 412 (undegraduate operating systems) in Fall'05, Spring'05, Fall'04, Spring'04, Fall'03, and Fall'02.
- 08/02-present - PhD Student, Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland
- 05/06-08/06 - Summer Intern at Microsoft Research, with the Software Reliability Research group.
- 06/05-08/05 - Summer Intern at IBM Research, with the K42 group.
- 09/00-07/02 - Software Design Engineer, NOKIA Networks, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- 07/99-08/00 - Visiting Researcher, Technische Universität München, Germany.
- 06/99 - B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering, Cum Laude, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- I was born in Sibiu, Romania.