Additional Advising Information
If you have more than one major requiring mandatory advising,
your registration block will not be lifted until you have seen
all your advisors. The last advisor you see will lift your
- Keep in mind that prerequisite information in testudo
may not be accurate.
- Undergraduate Independent Study/Research (cmsc298/cmsc498/cmsc499A)
CS Undergraduate Research -
If you are interested in CS undergraduate research
contact your CS academic advisor. Notice you don't
need to wait for summer in order to do research.
- BS/MS Program -
The CS Dept has a combined BS/MS degree that enables you to earn
both a BS and an MS in 5 years. Additional information is available at
- Computer Science Undergraduate Honors Program - Information available at Honors Website.
- Applying for Graduation -
Graduation Candidate Application.
- CS Tracks
- CS Tracks: main/regular, cybersecurity, and data science.
- Your track will be noted on your transcript (each track is a separate major code).
- You can switch tracks back and forth any time, just before your last semester.
- If you don't satisfy a track, you need to switch to the regular track.
- Taking the courses associated with a track does not switch you automatically
to that track. Some of you might already be in in a specific track as
you specified it when you applied to college. To change to a track (other than the
default main/regular track) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cybersecurity and Data Science Specialization - Information
available at the bottom of the web page
CS Degree Requirements.
Links for those interested in graduate school:
Grad School and
University policy stipulates you may only attempt a class twice, and
there is a total of only 18 repeat credits. The only way beyond
that is an exception to policy for rare or extraordinary circumstances.
Additional info at Exceptions to Policy.
Areas for CS 12-credit upper level concentration - Some areas that seem
to allow you to get right into 300 and 400-level courses are: PHIL, BSST,
EDCP, CCJS, BMGT, ASTR, GEOG, CLAS, EDHD, WMST, AAST. Verify this information with testudo