Boring Home Page for Pete Cottrell
Now, more gentle on your delicate system
My office is in 4117, A. V. Williams Building.
- Office Phone 405-2749
- Home Phone
HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!!
I'm outta here. I'm gone from the university, leaving the hallowed halls
of academia behind for those who can appreciate them more than me. I now
am employed at UUNET Technologies.
The commute is longer, but there's other advantages...
DC Area Cookin - Pictures and
recipes from the "cook-in" held January 20th, 1996 by the DC area
readers of the rec.food.cooking news group.
Pete's Land O' Food - A (slowly growing)
collection of links to pages having to do with food.
Pete's Land O' Links - A (slowly growing)
collection of links to pages that I use for work or that I find
I hate the Internet
Here's some friendly words for you
This update to my lame home page is my grudging acknowledgment of the
existence of the Web. As long as it's here, I might as well have some fun.
- I have a bad attitude
- Favorite kitchen gadget - Oxo Good Grips Zester/Stripper
- A friend's favorite kitchen gadget - Sony 13" color TV
- My favorite TLA - In case you don't know, a TLA is a
three-letter acronym. For me, it's gotta be BHP.
Send me mail if you think you
know what it standa for. I may or may not respond, depending on what
you do for a living.
One guess so far is Big Honkin' < anatomy part >, where
< anatomy part > could phalanges, peritoneum, or
even (gasp!) penis. However, while these are fine guesses,
these aren't correct.
The latest guess is from a friend of a friend, who was pointed at
this page because it was allegedly amusing. Her guess was
Be honest, please. Another fine guess, but still incorrect.
- Actresses I'm in lust with - Michelle Pfeiffer,
Meg Ryan, Greta Scacchi, Heather Locklear,
Mia Sara, Mimi Rogers, Madeleine Stowe,
- More Actresses I'm in lust with - Sharon Stone,
Alicia Silverstone, Marisa Tomei,
Kate Capshaw, Kate Vernon,
Jennifer Jason Leigh, Marge Simpson, Bea Arthur
- My darkest secret - I was a Monkees fan. Yes, I grew up with them,
and I grooved to them. Not only that, but I changed the way I wrote my
name, based on how I saw Monkees' bassist Peter Tork write his.
Peter Tork's signature, from the Headquarters album.
My signature, from my being a dork.
- My latest "comfort" food - A local Scottish bakery sells, among
other yummy items like pork pies and
haggis, things called Fly Cemetaries. Ummm, tasty.
- Lower Life Forms - If all of the candies in the world came
under a zoological-type classification, the absolute lowest
forms of life would be in the GUMMI phylum. These
disgusting concoctions seem to have barely evolved from some
primordial glucose soup. I mean, really.
- My current favorite .sig file - courtesy of
Ron DuFresne <email@example.com>
OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.
- I love to hear women's voices -
Most of my favorite CDs of late are by the
likes of Shona Laing, Jane Siberry, Lisa Loeb,
Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morissette,
Liz Phair, and Jill Sobule.
- MORE women's voices!!!! -
I'm also enjoying listening to Fiona Apple, Sheryl Crow.
and Leah Andreone.
- I love to hear women's voices - a footnote - Someone
(Dan Masi <firstname.lastname@example.org>) actually has read this page
and castigated me for not mentioning Tori Amos as a woman's
voice I should love to hear. He is of course right and I stand duly
chastised. I do like her music and now I guess I'll have to go buy
some of her CDs.
- My favorite ski resort - Sugarbush, in Vermont.
- My favorite verse of Maryland, My Maryland - it turns me on.
I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland, my Maryland!
The "old line's" bugle, fife and drum,
Maryland, my Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb;
Huzza! She spurns the Northern scum --
She breathes! She burns! She'll come! She'll come!
Maryland, my Maryland!
- How about some more poetry? -
Here's a few of my favorite SPAM haikus.
Pink tender morsel,
Glistening with salty gel.
What the hell is it?
Cube of cold pinkness
Yellow specks of porcine fat.
Give me a spork please.
- One of my favorite words - Verdant
- I scream, you scream - My favorite kinds of ice cream are
Cookies n' Clams and Bean n' Banana. Yumm.
- Winter - Worst season of the year, if you ask me. I hate being
cold; I'd rather sweat than shiver. The Fall and Winter up through
New Year's aren't so bad, but if we could just get rid of January
and February, that would be fine with me.
- Winter Sports - I have no use for them. I think it's great if other
people want to do it, but as for me, I hate skiing.
- TOP 10 THINGS THAT SOUND DIRTY AT THANKSGIVING BUT AREN'T
10. It must be broken 'cause when I push on the tip,
nothing squirts out.
9. If I don't unbuckle my pants, I'm going to burst!
8. It's Cool Whip time!
7. She's 5000 pounds fully inflated and it takes
15 men to hold her down.
6. "And he forces his way into the end zone!"
5. Talk about a huge breast!
4. Tying the legs together will keep the inside moist.
3. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
2. Whew .. that's one terrific spread!
1. Reach in and grab the giblets.
Number of people who have been entertained by this page -
Please let me know just how boring this page was; please send me
mail at email@example.com.
Last updated on Tue Nov 23 18:15:51 EST 1999