Re: JavaMemoryModel: OOPSLA poster submission on weak memory models - chance to review

From: Joshua Bloch (jbloch@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 01:51:17 EDT

Bill,

   Looks fine to me, although it takes a fair bit of sophistication to
understand some of the material. I think it's just about impossible to make
it accessible in two pages to people who aren't already familiar with memory
consistency models.

            Josh

P.S. As is probably no surprise to you, I think that the stuff that you're
currently discussing with Doug is too hairy to be at home in Java. But then
I don't really understand it (because I didn't study certain messages that
preceded it in depth) so I guess I don't really know.