JavaMemoryModel: Reflection

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 14:19:56 EST

I double checked, and reflection does allow you to
change final fields if you have reflect permission,
as well as changing private fields you don't have access
to.

My suggestion would be to refine ReflectPermission
to allow suppressing access checks on methods and
access checks on fields separately. Further,
we find some way to allow a VM session to be configured
so that it will never grant anyone field access check
suppression. The optimizations for final will only
be done in this case.