Re: JavaMemoryModel: more double-checked fun [Fwd from Josh]

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 13:34:09 EST

Folks,

    This is bad. I should point out that the JDC is not run by the "mainstream"
Java engineering organization, but stil... I'll try to get this fixed as
quickly as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

            Josh

Folks,

    I spoke with the JDC folks and sent them correct code for the singleton
pattern (which is quite distinct from the "lazy initialization" pattern). They
should have the correct code up on the web site later today. Thanks again for
bringing this to our attention.

               Josh