JavaMemoryModel: Pulling the lever on the JMM JSR

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 15:29:00 EDT

Finally, we are ready to pull the lever on the JMM JSR.

The final (?) draft is at:

        http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/jsr.html

Tim is now going to start routing this through people at Sun. The JSR
has been simplified somewhat over previous versions, but not in a way
that effects the scope of the planed work.

If you see a show stopper, please notify Tim and me immediately. But
don't sweat the details. This is only a high level overview of the
proposed work.

With any luck, it will be posted publicly May 15th.
         not to put any pressure on Tim :-)