JavaMemoryModel: We need your litmus tests

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 11:43:08 EDT

We are currently working on a model checker for our semantics. Given
a multithreaded example, it can tell you what behaviors are legal.

We hope to release this within a month or so. But for now, if you
could mail any example litmus tests to Jeremy Manson
<jmanson@cs.umd.edu>, it would be greatly appreciated. We will be
putting together a web page of all the litmus tests and their results.

Don't worry too much about the format; for right now, we will just
recode them in the input format we need. Please keep the examples
small (rather than full Java applications) and remember that at the
moment we only handle integers and object references (no arrays). We
do handle final fields and volatile variables.