RE: JavaMemoryModel: New approach to defining the Java Memory Model

From: David Holmes (dholmes@dltech.com.au)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 13:53:00 EDT

> There are also happens-before edges from each action to all previous
> actions in that thread.

So the implication, to me, is that all actions are ordered as per the
program, unless the semantics of the memory model allow them to be
reordered - as per the table in figure 3. Is that right? That means we would
need to specify all allowed reorderings - which is something I thought we
had already determined we couldn't/wouldn't do??

David