Re: JavaMemoryModel: Mutual exclusion effect of locks

From: victor.luchangco@sun.com
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 00:26:55 EDT

Hi Jason,

I believe Jeremy and Bill are folding the proper nesting into the
"intra-thread" semantics, and both their model and Sarita's implicit
assume that an enter operation only "reads" the lock when it is
unlocked. Because monitors are entered and exited using synchronized
blocks, we don't need to worry about a monitor being exited when it
wasn't entered. But I think you are right that something explicit
should be said about them (and, I think, about all the "intra-thread"
semantics).

                                Victor