Re: JavaMemoryModel: Why CnC

From: Sarita Adve (sadve@cs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 06:45:48 EDT

Bill and Jeremy,

Can you give us all a *full* intuitive description of consistency+causality
please? We don't have one yet that includes the effect of prohibited reads.
Or are you going to argue that you don't need to have prohibited reads in
your intuitive description? I hope that is not the case.

I cannot yet take SC- all the way down to CnC because I haven't yet got my
head around prohibited reads (I admit I haven't spent as much time on them
as the rest of CnC, but I have spent a lot time). That is the only aspect of
this whole puzzle that still bothers me.

Sarita