Re: JavaMemoryModel: No decision on lost notifications

From: Sylvia Else (sylviae@optushome.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 02:47:30 EDT

At 04:52 PM 5/08/2003 -0400, Bill wrote
>It didn't seem that any clear consensus was reached on lost notifications.
>If someone else wants to lead the charge on doing the cat herding on this,
>feel free, but do it quickly. My current plans are to not make any
>requirements on lost notification in JSR-133.

I felt there was a consensus to the effect that they shouldn't be lost. The
lack of consensus related to how this might be achieved.

The draft talks about "when a notification and an interruption action
execute at approximately the same time". There will have to be a
significant clarification of what "approximately" means in this context.

Sylvia.