Re: JavaMemoryModel: Weak memory model implementation with final fields

From: Doron Rajwan (doron@rajwan.org)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 16:27:45 EDT

Each time a CPU acquire a mutex, just after the memory
barrier, it can check if other threads published new
pages, and update its own view. Thus, you get the page
trap only for programs that are not well synchronized.

Also, there is no need to publish per object. It must
publish when releasing a mutex. At all other cases, it
can delay the publishing.

   Doron Rajwan