Re: JavaMemoryModel: Unexpected weakness/divergence in old JVM spec of final fields

From: Jerry Schwarz (jerry.schwarz@oracle.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 22:59:24 EST

A third options:

Any writes to final fields that violate the rules are not ordered by the
happens-before relationship. This includes there not being a relationship
between these writes and other operations in the same thread.

Compiler's are allowed to make act in this way so we should reflect what
the compiler might do in the memory model.