JavaMemoryModel: Any more objective technical concerns for SC-?

From: Sarita Adve (sadve@cs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 17:12:18 EST

Given my last message on the proof for M/P obeys SC-, are there any other
objective technical concerns for SC- that I have missed? Since we have to
make a final decision on the model in just a few days, please do let me know
if I missed your concern.

I will continue to try to address, to the best of my ability, all subjective
concerns as well. But at this point, I feel I have already made all the
subjective points that I can make to a general audience. So if you still
feel your issue isn't adequately addressed, and if it's ok with you, I would
prefer to take it up one on one. That way I can get a better handle on your
specific point of view, and avoid long, argumentative messages that need to
encompass what everybody else on this list may be thinking. This is just my
suggestion to keep the traffic reasonable on this list...

Thanks,

Sarita

Sarita Adve
Associate Professor
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Email: sadve@cs.uiuc.edu

Siebel Center for Computer Science Office: 4110 SC
201 North Goodwin Avenue Phone: 217-333-8461
Urbana, IL 61801 Fax: 217-265-6582
                 WWW URL: http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~sadve