Re: JavaMemoryModel: Draft JMM Synopsis

From: Jeremy Manson (jmanson@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 13:56:22 EST

> Still, I'd be happy with "ordered before" too, so long as there are
> defining words up front to the effect of: i is ordered before j iff i
> happens before j, where "happens before" is as defined in the spec.

I think that the problem with this is that if they are going to have to
understand happens before anyway, why introduce another term?

If you simply put the definition of happens-before in here (instead of the
actual term), then if someone goes and looks in the spec, thye may get
confused at the use of a different term.

                                        Jeremy