RE: JavaMemoryModel: New Unified JMM Description

From: Boehm, Hans (hans.boehm@hp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 14:46:48 EDT

If I'm not too confused, there is one related and confusing mistake.

I think the sentence at the bottom of page 24 is wrong:

"All of the reads that happened-before a in E must see writes that
that happen-before them."

I think this only applies to actions a that were not previously committed.
Clearly I have to be able to commit reads that (in the final execution)
don't see writes that happen-before them. And these will have to see the
same writes in all the Ei past a certain point.

I think the more formal description gets this right.

Hans