Re: JavaMemoryModel: JSR133-related division of labor between javac and JVM

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 09:54:56 EDT

javac generally does a very literal translation of Java source code
into bytecode.
Assuming such a literal translation, javac doesn't have any real
responsibilities
with regards to JSR-133: all the obligations are on the JVM.

Of course, if you have a Java source to bytecode compiler that does
transformations
and optimizations, then the source code to bytecode compiler is
responsible for
following all of the semantics described by JSR-133.

        Bill