RE: JavaMemoryModel: JLS3 contains glitch concerning volatiles?

From: David Holmes (dholmes@dltech.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 20:33:56 EDT

> From: Bill Pugh <pugh@cs.umd.edu>
> > I agree it is a fix that needs to be made. And we should start
> > a document listing fixes and clarifications to the JLS, since it will
> > probably be a while before even small changes to the JLS
> > make it into print.

The JLS already has a "maintenance" web page - though it hasn't yet been
updated to reflect changes to JLS 3e.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/jls-proposed-changes.html

Any changes will need to go through the maintenance lead (Gilad) and he can
then put them up on the maintenance page and when the time is right submit a
maintenance review update for JSR-901.

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=901

Cheers,
David Holmes