Re: JavaMemoryModel: JMM discussions moving to https://javamemorymodel.dev.java.net/

From: Jeremy Manson (jmanson@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 10:26:52 EDT

Bill Pugh wrote:

> We need to decide one important issue as part of the move: will the
> majority of the JMM discussions take place on the
> users@javamemorymodel.dev.java.net mailing list, or on the discussion
> forums at javamemorymodel.dev.java.net. My inclination is that we
> should use the discussion forums, and probably use the mailing lists
> only for announcements.

Bill,

If the list is going to continue to be (comparatively) low-traffic, then
using discussion forums seems counterintuitive. Who is going to want to
check back every day only to see that nothing has been posted?

Of course, if there is a way of getting email updates when something is
posted, that wouldn't be so bad...

                                        Jeremy