News and Press
- Dec 2013: Our recent paper on the evolution of third-party punishment behavior, published in PRSB, attracted considerable media coverage, including a university press release and a magazine article.
- Oct 2013: I gave a seminar talk at University of Binghampton's Evolutionary Studies Program Evolutionary Game Theoretic and Multi-Agent System Models of the Emergence of Cross-Cultural Differences.
- July 2013: Presented our work on "Societal Threat and the Evolution of Punishment of Norm Violators Across Tight vs. Loose Cultures" as a poster at the regional conference of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology in LA.
- 2007: A short arstechnica article about our work on automatic music similarity retrieval.
Video of Responsible Punishers taking over a population under high stength of ties. Left panel shows punishment strategies (R=Responsible, N=Non-Punisher, A=Antisocial, S=Spiteful).
Right panel shows cooperation strategies (C=Cooperative, D=Defective, O=Opportunistic).
See Roos et al. PRSB 2013. Click image to download video (m4v file):
Colleagues & Collaborators
- Dana Nau - University of Maryland
- Michele Gelfand - University of Maryland
- Paulo Shakarian - U.S. Military Academy, West Point
- Bill Manaris - College of Charleston