Selected Papers on Performance Evaluation
- Improving Approximations of Aggregated Queueing Network
Subsystems, in ICOMPUTER PERFORMANCE, K.M. Chandy and M. Reiser, ed.,
North-Holland, New York, 1977, pp. 1-22 (with Sevcik, Levy, and Zahorjan).
- Transient Solution of the Virtual Waiting Time of a Single Server
Queue and its Applications, Information Sciences, Vol. 21, No.3,
July 1980, pp. 141-158 (with Agrawala).
- On the Optimality of Semidynamic Routing Schemes,
Information Processing Letters, Vol. 13, No. 1, October 1981, pp. 20-22
- Adaptive Routing Using a Virtual Waiting Time Technique,
IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering,
Vol. SE-8, No. 1, January 1982, pp. 76-81 (with Agrawala and Ricart).
- An Approximate Analysis of M(t)/M/1 Queue'', Performance Evaluation,
Vol. 2, No. 2, 1982, pp. 118-132 (with Upton).
- On an Exponential Server with General Cyclic Arrivals,
Acta Informatica, Vol. 18, 1982, pp. 319-334 (with Agrawala).
- On Characterizing the Inter-Departure Process of a Server,
Performance Evaluation, Vol. 2, No. 4, 1983, pp. 251-255 (with Agrawala).
- A Stochastic Optimization Algorithm Minimizing Expected Flow Times
on Uniform Processors, IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol. C-33, No. 4,
April 1984, pp. 251-256 (with Agrawala, Coffman, Garey).
- On the Load Sharing Policies in Distributed Systems,
Topics in Applied Statistics, T.D. Dwivedi and Y.P. Chaube (eds.),
Concordia University Press, Montreal, 1984, pp. 737-748 (with Agrawala).
- STEP-1: A User Friendly Performance Analysis Tool, in Modeling
Techniques and Tools for Performance Analysis, D. Potier
(ed.) North-Holland, 1984, pp. 201-221
(with Agrawala, Abrams, Ramakrishnan, Singhal, and Son).
- Evaluation of the Hub Node in a Star Network:
A case study, in Performance '84,
E. Gelenbe (ed.), North Holland, 1984, pp. 177-198 (with Clausner).
- Approximate Solutions to Queueing Networks with State Dependent Parameters,
Performance Evaluation, February 1985, pp. 45-55 (with Agre).
- Finite State Model and Compatibility Theory: New Analysis
Tool for Permutation Networks, IEEE Trans. on Computers,
Vol. C-35, Number 7, July 1986, pp. 591-601
- Optimal Allocation of file Servers in Local Network Environment,
IEEE Transaction on S.E., Vol. SE-12, Number 8,
August 1986, pp. 844-848 (with Woodside).
- On Detecting Parallelism in Software,
The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 6, Number 1 and 2,
May 1986, pp. 133-136.
- Workload Representation and Its Impact on the Performance Prediction
Using Queuing Network Models'', in Workload Characterization of Computer
Systems and Computer Networks, Serazzi (ed.), North-Holland 1986,
pp. 159-178 (with Dowdy).
- Time Dependent Analysis of Queueing Systems,
INFOR Journal, Volume 24, No. 3, August 1986,
pp. 199-220 (with Duda).
- Availability of Distributed Systems with Failures,
Acta Informatica, Volume 23, 1986, pp. 643-655
(with Gelenbe and Finkel).