Setting Up Your CVS Repository Account
- Read the information available at Managing Projects.
- Your CVS repository account will be in the grace.umd.edu cluster. If you have a terpconnect account, you can use your school directoryID/Password to access your cvs account in the cluster. If you don't have a terpconnect account you can request one at http://www.oit.umd.edu/new/.
- Use the following information to set up your cvs account once you have your terpconnect account.
- Host: linux.grace.umd.edu
- Repository Path (to use in Eclipse's "Add CVS Repository" dialog form):
where YOUR_DIRECTORY_ID_HERE represents your directory id (NOT your student number.) Remember YOUR_DIRECTORY_ID_HERE is the same Directory Id you provide to access the Grades Server. Notice that you will use 0101 (regardless of the actual section you are registered in). Summer students: there is a one after summer in summer12015.
- User: Your DirectoryID
- Password: Password associated with your directory ID
- Connection Type: extssh
- "Use default port" unchanged.
- Leave "Validate connection on finish" selected.
- The secure storage can be used if desired; it is information solely stored in each Eclipse installation and independent of the CVS repository connections or connections that Eclipse has.
- After selecting finish, you may get a warning about "authenticity of host can't be established"; Just ignore that message (select Yes).
- If you are having problems connecting to the repository:
- Make sure you have used your directoryID at the end of the repository path.
- Select the "Save Password" option while setting the CVS repository.
- You must use "extssh" as the connection type.
Can Checkout Project but No Submit Project Button Is Missing
There are two possible reasons for this problem:
- The "Course Project Management" has been disabled. In the project properties make sure "Course Project Management" has been enabled.
- You are missing the Course Management plugin. See Eclipse Installation for additional information.