- Date: Friday, Jun 26
- Time/Location: Your exam will take place in lecture.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Closed-book, Closed-notebooks, No Computers/Calculators.
- Use a pencil/mechanical pencil (no pen) to answer the exam.
- Please take a look at the general exam rules available at
- Short answer questions: This includes for example, multiple
choice, True/False and fill-in-the-blank type questions.
- Code analysis questions: We will give a short segment of code and
you may be asked to identify syntax and logical errors, generate code
- Code Writing: Write a program/code snippets to solve a given
problem. You should be prepared to give a complete program, including full
class heading, import, package statement, and main methods, but we may also
ask you to provide just a single method or a code fragment.
The exam will include all the material covered in discussion session (lab),
lecture, quizzes, and projects including the following topics:
- Object-Oriented Programming Principles (Abstraction, Encapsulation,
- Testing/Program Correctness
- Object-Oriented Design
- Specific Java Topics
- Definition and use of classes in inheritance relationships
- Definition and use of Java Interfaces
- Abstract Classes
- Comparable Interface
- Comparator classes
- Collections class methods (those used for the projects)
- Enhanced for loop
- Enumerated types
Autoboxing and Unboxing
- Visibility Modifiers
- Method Overloading/Overriding
- Inner Classes
- Program Testing - JUnit testing
- Singly Linked Lists
- Doubly Linked Lists
The exam will NOT cover the following topics:
- Algorithmic Complexity, UML, Eclipse
Below we have included selected previous exams for the course. Keep in
mind that the material covered by the exams may not be the same material we are
covering this semester or in this midterm. We recommend you complete the following midterms in
the allocated time specified in the exam. In addition, do not read a problem
and assume you know how to solve it; try to solve it.
- MidtermFall08.doc, MidtermFall08Key.doc
- Midterm1Summer08.doc, Midterm1Summer08Key.doc
- Midterm1Spring08.doc, Midterm1Spring08Key.doc