New General Selection Touchscreen Support Library (NGS)
HCIL has long been a leader in touchscreen applications and
research. Years of study have produced innovative techniques and
algorithms for operating a touchscreen user interface.
The NGS library has been developed at HCIL for constructing
our Borland C language user interfaces on IBM PC and IBM AT
compatible machines. NGS has been refined by our 5 years of
research and has been in user internally for over two years.
- Manages the definition, selection, and feedback for
rectangular regions on a touchscreen.
- C source code for eighty-two Functions (only five
needed to support a simple application).
- Three selection protocols: "lift-off", "first-touch", "land-on".
- Uses Sears' touchscreen stabilization algorithm.
- MicroTouch (TM) and Elographics (TM) touchscreens
- Includes support to allow a mouse to emulate a touchscreen
for development. (Also allows any pointing device which
emulates a mouse to be used by the application).
- C source included.
- Sixty-page manual.
- High-precision with resolution up to 1024 x 1024.
NGS System Requirements:
- Borland C++ 2.0 or later
- Large model only
- 52K of disk space for header files and library
Pricing and Licensing Information
Commercial use with
object redistribution rights......$500
Commercial internal use only.........$300
Upgrade from internal use to
object redistribution rights......$200
for internal use..................$150
Office of Technology Liaison
4312 Knox Road
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742