The Department of Computer Science seeks a highly organized and personable professional with exceptional attention to detail to join our business office. This position has a strong customer-service focus that will support faculty, students, staff, and constituents at all levels that will include a variety of duties and responsibilities. The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for a wide range of financial, accounting, and administrative support including processing reimbursements through UMD, UMCPF, and USMF, making travel arrangements, processing purchases either with a purchase card or by requisition, and preparing transfers in KFS. The Finance Coordinator will also be responsible for entering encumbrances in BA4 and reconciling accounts monthly ensuring the financial statements produced are accurate.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related financial position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess strong attention to detail and an ability to execute multiple assignments under specific time constraints while being able to work well under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative.
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Google suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision; ability to work with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in a multi-tasking working environment.
- Dedication to providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Working experience in higher education, specifically at UMD, strongly preferred.
- Experience with research administration and post-award account management.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of university software tools and/or systems such as KFS, BA4 (Priority), ELF, PHR and others
- Knowledge of UMD’s policies and procedures in the areas of travel, personnel and purchasing
- Knowledge of UMCPF and USMF policies and procedures